Google Docs is an amazing app to view your documents and files in it. It even comes as default document viewer in many smartphones. Google Docs offers various amazing features, and you can rotate, zoom in and out of any document and much more all in one place. Text editing with Google Docs is quite easy and convenient, and users mainly prefer Google Docs due to its text editing features. Besides this, Google Docs looks far better in the landscape mode rather than the portrait mode of your PC and smartphone. You do not have scroll up and down much any document if you use the app with landscape mode on your Android tablet and smartphone. On the other hand, many of the users do not know how to use Google Docs in landscape mode. If it’s the scenario with you, then you have come to the right place. Without wasting any further time, go through the methods I have mentioned in this article to let you know how to use Google Docs in the landscape.
Here’s how to switch Google Docs in landscape
To use Google Docs in landscape layout, follow the steps listed below:
- At first, open up the browser you are currently using on your device.
- Next, go to Google Docs.
- Login in to your Google account if you have not yet.
- After opening up of Google Docs, click on the + icon available on its homepage.
- By tapping on the + icon, you will be able to create a new document.
- After opening up of the new document, click on the File tab available in the main menu at the top of the window opened.
- After that, you will choose the Page Setup option available in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
- After opening up of the Page Setup window, choose the Radio button and click on to landscape option.
- After clicking on the landscape option, click on OK to successfully apply the changes.
If you can mix the two
The answer to mixing the two orientations is no. You cannot mix the two orientations, and there’s no way of having both the orientations in one document. On the other hand, if you are willing to save your document as a PDF file, then follow the steps listed below:
Saving your document as a PDF file is quite useful sometimes, and a document looks better and organized in a PDF file.
- First of all, open a blank document by clicking on the + icon on the homepage of Google Docs.
- Next, set the preferred orientation.
- After that, add any text, tables, and media in your document as per your preferences.
- Now, click on the file tab available in the main menu once you are done adding up text and media.
- After opening up of the Print menu, click on the drop-down menu and choose Save as PDF option.
- Now, choose the custom option next to pages in the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the pages and save in the current orientation in a new window that will appear below the drop-down menu.
- At last, click on the Save button, and you are good to go.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.