Several iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus users often complain of occupying too much cache memory on their iPhone. Having too much cache on an iPhone interrupts its functionality and corrupts files in it. Users believe that cache on their iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus prevents them from accessing several files stored in the storage section. The issue of cache on an iPhone is not new, and according to some reports, it even crashes the software entirely.
Users face issues in updating the software, accessing files, and many more due to cache. Besides this, several users feel lucky to resolve this issue by themselves. If you are an iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus user and facing the same issue on your iOS device, then you have come to the right place. Here I have described the best ways by which you can remove cache from your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus in no time.
Here’s how to clear the app cache
Clearing app cache on your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus is as easy as it sounds. Go through the guidelines below to do it in no time:
- First of all, turn on your iPhone.
- Now, Go to the settings.
- After entering into settings, find Safari.
- Once you see Safari, tap on it to open it up.
- Now, Scroll to the bottom of the Safari and tap on Clear History And Website Data option when you see it.
- After that to give confirmation on removing history, cookies, and browsing data from the browser.
- To remove history and cookies from particularly iCloud, tap on the iCloud option and tap on Clear History & Data option available under the settings tab.
Clearing cache from other apps on your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is quite easy and can be done in minutes. But first, keep in mind not to delete an app unless you want to lose the entire data contained in it. To remove cache from other apps on your iPhone, follow the steps listed below:
- Turn on your iPhone.
- Go to the settings by tapping on the settings app.
- After entering into Settings, find General and tap on it.
- After that, tap on iPhone storage.
- Choose the storage option.
- Now choose any targeted app to see its Documents and Data.
- If the storage exceeds 500 MB, then remove the app and reinstall it again.
- To delete the app, tap on the Delete option available.
- After successfully deleting the app, go to the Apple Store by tapping on its icon on your iPhone.
- Tap on the search bar available at the top of the screen.
- Type the name of the app you have deleted on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus.
- Once it appears, tap on it.
- There lies an option showing Install, tap on it to install the app again on your iPhone.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.