Do you think that you lost something from the Dock on the Mac device, then go through this blog carefully. This is one of the common issues encountered by many Mac users. One of the major reasons behind missing the Dock icon is that you deleted it by yourself mistakenly.
Fix 1: Drag and drop method
See the given below points properly.
- Firstly, launch the Finder. It will be located in the Mac operating system.
- Next, go to the Applications folder. Press it.
- Then, Search the lost Dock symbol.
- Whenever you get it, press on its symbol and place it to the Dock.
- You should not lift up your fingers from the symbol till the symbol of the Dock moves. You shall be able to go across the Dock and select wherever you wish to have the lost icon. Just place the icon wherever you wish. This way you will be able to restore it.
What to do if you cannot find the lost icon in the apps folder?
Follow the below-mentioned steps properly. By doing it, you shall be able to search the lost symbol in the apps folder.
- Firstly, go to macOS Finder.
- Then, press on the user folder. Observe that each of the earlier given folders are available inside the user folder.
- Move it right-hand part of the Dock and put them over there.
- For the latest macOS version—
- Firstly, go to the Finder.
- Then, drop-down the Go Menu.
- After that, select Home.
- Next, search the folder that you wish to restore. Drag as well as drop it in the right.
Fix 2: Dock the symbol at the time of using the program
See the given below instructions one after the other.
- Firstly, search for the program whose icon is lost from the Dock.
- Then, run it. Note that its symbol shall get displayed on the right-hand part of the Dock.
- You need to click and hold it, as well as move it in the left-hand part of the Dock.
Fix 3: Go for keyboard shortcuts
Look at the below-mentioned steps carefully.
- Firstly, launch the Finder.
- Then, move the folder or symbol that you wish to move to the Dock.
- Choose the symbol or folder.
- Lastly, press the combination of Ctrl+ Shift+ Command+T altogether on your keyboard.
Congratulations! You have been able to restore the lost dock on a Mac device with the help of this blog.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.